We are looking for a programmer who can find elegant solutions to difficult problems and get things done in time. We follow agile practices and work in small iterations. We expect our candidate to be able to split a large task into a number of smaller steps, each one having a measurable or visible result.
Tasks include, but are not limited to: development and support of the system core, API and platform applications, data storage optimisation, and cluster process management.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong Java skills
- Good knowledge of Spring
- Knowledge of CS, basic principles of OOP, data structures and algorithms
- Capability to work independently at all stages from planning to production code
- Knowledge of code optimization, profiling, and testing
- Ability to read other people’s code and refactoring experience
- Experience in web application development
- English both spoken and written
- Interest in working with biological applications and data.
Nice to have:
- Experience with big data
- Knowledge of biology and genetics
- Python, R
- Experience with Unix-like systems
- Experience with JS/HTML/CSS.
- Work on our own product;
- International team of professionals;
- Onboarding and domain introduction for newcomers;
- Remote work, work in the office or combination at your choice;
- Relocation to St. Petersburg;
- Comfortable and quiet office in city center, coffee point with fruits and healthy snacks, gym and table tennis, shower, car and bicycle parking;
- Competitive salary, reviewed on a regular basis;
- Medical insurance, paid sick leaves;
- English classes co-sponsored by the company;
- Flexible work schedule.